It is not very often that the hubby suggests we go to the library, so I jumped at the chance. I didn’t really need to get anything out as I have a lot of free books on Kindle that I need to get through, but I walked away with 6 titles. A few of them were based on challenges for May so I really need to read them in the next 2 weeks.
- Lonely Planet Coastal California > Non-fiction title for Book Lovin Kiwis Autumn Reading Challenge
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. I picked it up because the cover looked new & it’s on my TBR, so why not?
- Altered (Altered #1) by Jennifer Rush. I don’t know why I got this? I don’t think I had heard of it before either…
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Star Wars: Novelizations #1) by Terry Brooks > Sci-Fi title for BLK’s May Challenge
- A Game Of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (A Song of Ice and Fire Graphic Novels #1-6). I’ve read the novel & this looks cool. There is a rahui in my house. I’m not allowed to read or watch GOT until the hubby has read the books. He is halfway through book 2 and it’s been MONTHS! He’s so SLOW!!!
- Martha Stewart’s Handmade Holiday Crafts because it caught my fancy. I love handmade things. I’m just not the greatest at executing them. I’m hoping each season to decorate my house & office with a few items. I’m a festive person.
and in other Bookish News
Brianna’s Bookish Confessions is hosting a Summer of 50 Read-Along, although she’s only reading 30+ books! Doesn’t sound quite so impressive. If I can manage it, I might join in. I’ve joined the group on goodreads so I’m halfway there.
Bri also tweeted about a Summer Surge Read-a-thon, 14 July – 17 August 2014. Amanda is hosting this at Book Badger. Even though it’s winter in New Zealand, I’m considering taking part because that’s the best time of year to snuggle on the couch with a blanket & a good book. I should be able to get a lot of good reads in during Winter.
Have you got any readathons or books lined up this month?
Ciao for now…