Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Lists and books, everything my heart desires. I think I’m gonna try post one of these every month.
Last week’s theme was Top Ten Most Recent Additions to your Bookshelf. Yes, I’m late to the party.
I have been on a self-inflicted book buying ban for a couple of years now. I haven’t missed it to be honest. I don’t currently own bookshelves so I have nowhere to put them, except into boxes with all the other books this family owns. We are not left wanting. Trust me. So this list is made up of recent books I have been gifted, or picked up or downloaded from the public library.
- First up is Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I consider this my first book read for 2020, as I started and finished it this month. Because I was hooked, I binge read Onyx (Lux #2) and Opal (Lux #3) too. The library doesn’t have the rest of the series, which I’m gutted about as Opal ended on a cliffhanger! so I may need to break my buying ban to hear how the Lux story ends.
- Frozen: Olaf’s Birthday. This was a World of Reading storybook that I downloaded from Overdrive. It’s narrated and automatically turns pages. I played it as a bed time story for my daughter, and she loved it. (She’s #TeamElsa).
- The next one is a throwback. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. This is showing as my first read for 2020, but I actually started reading it in 2017! Yep, you read that right. It took me 2 years to get my groove back into reading to finish this one. I can’t blame this book for my reading slump though, that was life.
- The next is a series I started in 2016, Saga, volume 5 by Brian K. Vaughan. I’m continuing on with the series. Definitely not a graphic novel for kids. Honestly, the graphics are pretty… well, graphic. But I want to know how the story ends for the little girl. I wonder if the library has a physical copy and where it’s kept? Teens/YA or in the adult section with the other Romance/Erotic material. Will likely read Saga, volumes 6 and 7 this month too.
- I love a good romance, so I’m giving the McCabe trilogy a go. I’ve actually finished reading In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks, and have moved on to Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe #2) just last night. Talk about hot and steamy. The McCabe clan are a force to be reckoned with, but put a lass in their pathway and they become tender and heart-warming.
What books have you added to your shelf recently?
Let me know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. I am a Book Depository Affiliate. I receive a small commission if you buy books from Book Depository using the links! Thank you!